Monday 10 January 2011

DEVELOPMENT OF MY CHARACTER


 This my initial blueprint of the character. As you can see the character looks very muscular, as it should be. Also you can notice that there are identical features that have been included in this blue print such as the short legs and long arms. I have exaggerated the shoulders and the chest area. however  I decided to work on another blue print simply because it looked more human rather than a ape (in my opinion).

 Well this my second attempt, as you can see i have enlarged the hands. But this was no success. It just didn't look right, but the chest the lower body and the legs looked quite convincing of a real beast, not overly exaggerated muscular body but more closer to the real thing.




This is my final blue print, i have recreated the arms but rest is from my second blue print. The reason i liked because it fits the brief quite nicely, plus it look like a regular gorilla. However there are some minor modification on the hands and on the feet.
This is the side view of the final gorilla.
 When i was working on the gorillas body I just did a ruff sketch of a upper body of a human, just for the comparison.



This an image from the Disney - Tarzan, the head blue print of the alpha male gorilla. When I saw this I knew I had to model this. It had captured the essence  of the gorillas face which I really wanted that's why I used this as reference for my model. It saved some time for me not to create face blueprint from the scratch, how ever it was a hell of a thing to model.

No comments:

Post a Comment